|
tunein to my soul
My music reflects me. | ||||||||
|
profile, blog entries, tagboard and links |
Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 4:26 AM
Scrap Those Crap Crops
Father and daughter real-life farmville experience at Monsanto, Maui, Hawaii You like Farmville so much, I know. Almost everyone who's got a Facebook account uses this application. Teenagers, moms, dads, professionals, kids; name it, they play Farmville for sure. They plant sunflowers, corn, and carrots (to name a few). Actually, those are the only ones I am quite sure of. I know they plant crops and grow some animals too but... I don't know! Hell, I don't play Farmville! But I just know because I've seen schedules change due to 'harvesting' virtual crops. You see, Farmville is one of those phenomenon that run over the population like an epidemic. One time I overheard two bank tellers talk about tomatoes. I know it's wrong to eavesdrop, but who cares? We were waiting for our turn on that slow motion line in McDo. All the while I was imagining real tomatoes until they said, "shet, wala na talaga, patay na mga tanim ko" "kaya nga uwi ako maaga ngayon kasi harvest time ko mamaya eh" while glancing at their wristwatches. I mean, it's crazy. Everyone's just crazy over it. Except me. I don't know what pleasure you guys get from planting, watering, and harvesting crops virtually. And I can't judge you for liking such activity 'cause for one, I haven't tried it ever. Here in Maui, we have vast farmlands. And by vast I mean hectares and hectares of land. I have been to one and it is among Monsanto's properties. Ahem! It is real-time Farmville right in front of me. I experienced genuine soil and real crops.True-blue fun under the sun! Too bad there were no cows. But there were lots of birds! Those which scarecrows uhmm..scare? haha. Daddy knows about the Farmville craze too. As soon as we got off the car and stood on the soil, he said, "Eto ang Farmville for real!" Disclaimer: This is not to make scornful judgments on Farmville fanatics. Just a mere expression of elation by the author for finally grasping the feeling of those who get addicted to Farmville (plus of course the idea that the experience was real-life). |
the citygirl inme
is trying to live a country life now in the rainbow state of Hawaii. I am a city girl trapped in a county of less high rises to none. No bright lights at night. No loud noises of cars in busy streets. No parties. No nothing. |
links to click
Watch out for me at: Multiply Plurk No Tumblr. No Twitter. Yet. Bloggers I follow collapsing barrycade alpsaguado Phlog-oh-ten constellation dramaholic krungkrungchronicles my toilet queencrisel Cami C link link D link link rewindbacktrackstop
+ On the dot + YM: 'Y'ou're 'M'ine + Heroic Vicodin Popper + Goodbye '09. Hello 2010! myglassdoor
+ December 27, 2009 + January 3, 2010 + January 10, 2010 + January 17, 2010 + February 7, 2010 + July 11, 2010 ithankyou
An accidentality production Inspiration from DancingSheep & BONBON:D |
blahblahblah
|
||||