|
tunein to my soul
My music reflects me. | ||||||||
|
profile, blog entries, tagboard and links |
Thursday, January 7, 2010, 1:42 AM
On the dot
NOT!!! One of the bad habits I swore not to do here in the US is being late on appointments. This is to mainly blur, if not erase, the Filipino-time connotation on us. After all, I am sticking my feet on the American soil so I better make a better impression of my origin. Okay. Last December my brother and I were scheduled for something this January 6th at 1:00PM. Because I wanted to avoid the wrong impression bestowed upon us and because they say they're prompt, we arrived two hours earlier than the given time. Fast forward... In short...no show up, no answering of phone calls. Great. A similar experience happened to my mom. She was scheduled for a job interview last December and was there 15 minutes early. There and there they reset the interview to January 6. Fast forward... Less than hour before the re-scheduled interview, they phoned my mom (who's all prepped up and ready to hit the door) to deliver the bad news. Interview shall be re-scheduled...again. I think it is about time to reverse the connotation; to finally invert the hourglass and pinpoint who's who. It is not true that Filipinos cannot do time management hence always become late. You see, what really happens here proves our indoctrination wrong. I think we actually learn a lot about time and impression management in school and not otherwise. We learn NOT TO BE what they say we are. Now who can't do time management? Who doesn't have word of honor? Us. Not!!! |
the citygirl inme
is trying to live a country life now in the rainbow state of Hawaii. I am a city girl trapped in a county of less high rises to none. No bright lights at night. No loud noises of cars in busy streets. No parties. No nothing. |
links to click
Watch out for me at: Multiply Plurk No Tumblr. No Twitter. Yet. Bloggers I follow collapsing barrycade alpsaguado Phlog-oh-ten constellation dramaholic krungkrungchronicles my toilet queencrisel Cami C link link D link link rewindbacktrackstop
+ YM: 'Y'ou're 'M'ine + Heroic Vicodin Popper + Goodbye '09. Hello 2010! myglassdoor
+ December 27, 2009 + January 3, 2010 + January 10, 2010 + January 17, 2010 + February 7, 2010 + July 11, 2010 ithankyou
An accidentality production Inspiration from DancingSheep & BONBON:D |
blahblahblah
|
||||